As more and more people seek to empower themselves with the freedom provided by knowledge, Universities and Colleges and other institutions are putting forth the effort needed to feed this ever growing market.
I’m sure that you remember the old saying, “There’s an app for that”, well today the saying has evolved into, “There’s a course for that”.
It doesn’t matter what skill you are trying to learn, or what knowledge you are trying to master, there is an online course to teach you what you seek.
While most of the online courses charge a nominal fee to complete the class, there are a staggering number of online courses that are free!
These free courses include classes from a number of highly regarded American Colleges and Universities, including Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Berkely University of California, University of Texas and More.
A simple Google search for “Free Online Education Opportunities” will reveal a plethora of courses that you can complete free of charge from some of the most prestigious higher education entities in the United States.
Here is a sample of Free online courses offered by Harvard University.
- Masterpieces of World Literature
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
- Bioethics: The Law, Medicine, and Ethics of Reproductive Technologies and Genetics
- Contract Law: From Trust to Promise to Contract
- Statistics and R
- Data Science: Visualization
- Statistical Inference and Modeling for High-throughput Experiments
- Energy Within Environmental Constraints
- Cell Biology: Mitochondria
- Religion, Conflict and Peace
- CS50’s Computer Science for Business Professionals
- Science & Cooking: From Haute Cuisine to Soft Matter Science (physics)
- Introduction to Data Wise: A Collaborative Process to Improve Learning & Teaching
- The Climate-Energy Challenge
This is just a small sample of the free online education opportunities offered by Harvard University.
To further illustrate the point that there are a staggering number of free online education opportunities, let’s take a look at the free online courses offered by MIT.
- Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered
- Mastering Quantum Mechanics Part 1: Wave Mechanics
- Becoming an Entrepreneur
- Introduction to Computational Thinking and Data Science
- Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python
- Introductory AP® Microeconomics
- Circuits and Electronics 1: Basic Circuit Analysis
- Shaping the Future of Work
- Manufacturing Process Control: Variation Modeling and Control
- Introduction to Biology – The Secret of Life
- Global Health Informatics to Improve Quality of Care
- Introduction to Manufacturing Systems
- Supply Chain Design
Again, that is just a small sample of the free online education opportunities offered by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
All of these free online education opportunities are offered through a platform that was developed by a joint effort of Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
The platform is called EDX and includes free online education opportunities from a number of other highly regarded educational institutions as well.
The fact of the matter is, it doesn’t matter what you want to learn, if you are willing to put in the work, there are free online education opportunities that are sure to meet your needs and take your knowledge to the next level.